Citrus and the Easter Bunny

>> March 22, 2008

So first thing first.. the Easter Bunny is at Walmart today, last day of their free promo. You get one free picture, with the option of purchasing more. We arrived right after 10am and there was only one other family there, with like SIX kids. However, the wait wasn't even 3 minutes. They also had raffles for big elaborate pre-packaged baskets (we didn't enter since Quinn too young). And they were giving kids yummy looking cupcakes. Too bad Quinnie is too little for one, mommy and daddy would have confiscated it if we had gotten on.

Anyway, we didn't even wait around for their FREE pic (it was about an hour), I am not a HUGE fan of walmart, although I might go back later in the week to see if they kept the pics for later pick up. We brought our own camera and out of the 10 we took, we had 1 decent one. :) But that is all we need.
We also spent about 2 hours between yesterday evening and this morning, picking our citrus trees clean. We have a 2 orange trees, 2 grape fruit trees and 1 lemon tree. They are already blooming again for the next time, so we were a little lazy in getting this done. I am at a loss for using the grape fruits. I might try and search for some recipes or else Freecycle them. I know we can either juice the lemons/oranges or find homes among our families for what we can't use.



4 comments:

Precious March 22, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Your son is adorable!

Here is an article on how to freeze grapefruit sections:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/citrus/citrus_notes/JUL96.html

It is on the bottom of the page.

kc March 22, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Hi Thanks.. quite the contrast to the scary easter bunny. :)

I just got back from a great evening trip, including a walgreens hit for glade candles and alka seltzer with your tips. :)

Thanks for the article. I just don't know if the grape fruits are worth the freezer space, KWIM?

I will most likely freecycle a good chunk of them. :) I have seen requests for them before.

Precious March 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Hi! I am sure someone can use the grapefruit. I think a lot of people are having a tough time with food prices and gasoline prices going up so rapidly. It is nice of you to help someone out.

I noticed the scary Easter Bunny. Was your son afraid of him?

kc March 23, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

He is only 6 months old (yesterday was his birthday). So he doesn't really get scared yet, startled at loud sounds, but not scared. My husband and I thought the easter bunny was scary though. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP