A couple of great little trips this evening!!

>> March 22, 2008

Safeway ** not pictures :) ***

7 frosted miniwheats used my rain check for the super coupon from last weekend - .70/1 coupons doubled
1 eating right fruit - 1.00 coupon
Total $0.25 OOP
Earned $10 OYNO coupon
*** this will let me buy another $50 SWA gift card ***

Walgreens
3 Alka Seltzer - (3) 2.00/1 coupons
1 Flintstones - 1.00 coupon
2 Nature Made Rx Essentials - (2) 5.00 coupons
2 Glade Wisp Candles - (2) 5.00 coupons
Total $7.83 on a walgreeens gift card
Earned a $10 Register Reward + I will submit for the glade candle rebates online (4.40)
Oh and I banked another 220 Nature Made points. :)

Albertsons
$50 SWA gift card
-$30 RX transfer gift card
-(2) $10 Debit cards from the Embrace razor surveys (One my mom gave me).
$0 OOP
CVS
2 Infant Dump truck/tractor toys
1 Brut Cologne
- $5 cvs coupon
-$15 ECB (that was expiring tomorrow)
Total $0 OOP
I don't see any great deals at CVS tomorrow, and found this purchases were fun splurges for my guys. :)

5 comments:

Precious March 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Hi! Happy Easter! Great shopping Trips! I am loving that you are getting all those SWA GC's so cheaply. You are SO CREATIVE! I am going to be stealing this tip from you for our next trip. My DIL was just asking me this morning for a coupon or code for Delta and I could not find one. Airfares are getting so expensive. I suppose I should teach her your trick for getting these SWA Giftcards.
I agree the CVS deals are terrible this week. The only thing I may pick up if I am driving by is the Aquafresh Tootpaste since I have $2.00 CVS CRT cpn for it. Of course, maybe later in the week the Easter things will be 90% off and then I will use some ECB's for that!

Shelley March 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

Happy Easter! I was kind of disappointed that there are no good CVS deals this week, but since I just started last week, my first ECBs don't expire until April 16th.

Are SWA Southwest Airlines giftcards? We want to take a trip to North Carolina to visit my brother and his family next summer (as in, summer of 09) so getting some airline GCs would be awesome! Now I just need to figure out how you're doing it. lol

kc March 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Hi All! I noticed today at Safeway that they also sell American Airlines Gift Cards and Jet Blue Gift Cards.

I am not being that creative really. I just have a set budget of what I spend each week. So when I was making money on the cereal deals at Safeway, I wouldn't always use the overage for additional groceries. I would save the OYNO coupons to use to buy gift cards. In addition, we transfer Rx around and I tend to use those gift cards (at least from safeway and albertsons) for other gift cards. Its like bonus money to spend for actual gifts, dining out, or now southwest airlines. We are working on saving for a trip to Disneyland and I am not budgeting for that. I am using rebate checks, Rx gift cards, surveys, etc.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Precious March 24, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

It makes a lot of sense KC. You are doing a fabulous job! I love reading your posts and learning from them. I got my first $25. Gasoline Card with RR's today and it felt good. People ask me why I buy so many razors, but I find it cheaper to do that than to buy the refill packs. Usually a razor comes with 2-3 blades and then we just throw them out when we are done with them. And I loved being able to use the RR's on that card today!

Precious March 25, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Kc,
My DIL says she noticed at her local Super Target last night that they had various Similac liquid formula on clearance. You might want to check at your store to see if they have it and the price and decide if it is good or if you are better off using the ECB's when you find it at CVS. Just FYI!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP