Disneyland Ticker

>> March 30, 2008

So I added a savings ticker. My blog is about sharing my deals with people, hopefully to give them ideas on deals they can do or inspire them to find their owns deals and save money. We are trying to keep our budget as tight as possible in order to allow me to stay home with our BIG little guy Quinn. One goal we are working towards is our Disneyland trip in September. It will be for Quinn's 1st b-day, My husband's 30th b-day and our 5 year anniversary. While we have plenty of reasons to celebrate, I should be honest, we really enjoy Disneyland and look for any reason to go :)
So I have calculated it will cost $1500 for:
2 plane tickets
5 nights hotel
2 5-day park hoppers
meals
parking/gas/transfers/etc
~1471
I am rounding up to $1500 to cover anything else that comes up.

So far I have
$200 in Southwest Airlines Gift Cards
$100 Cash
$83 Disney points
Total $383

Oh and I am not actually "budgeting" for the vacation. I am using rebates, surveys, overage from coupons, RX transfers, items I sell on ebay/craigslist, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about my plan or if I didn't explain something right. :) I wanted to share my short term motivation for saving money beyond staying home with Quinnie :)

6 comments:

Precious March 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

I think it's wonderful how you are saving for the Disneyland trip. I will enjoy cheering you on. And I am going to try to save at the same time for a trip back to New York in November with extra money. For that it will mean replacing survey money, RR's etc. with cahs form our checking account because I have already committed those things to our grocery budget. I have the extra in checking so no problem. But this way I won't have to touch savings or investments for our trip. It looks like our airline tickets could be as much as $600. each. We have a place to stay buit will need a rental car which could be another $700.
So I am going to learn from you. Thanks!

kc March 30, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Dropping to one true income has been hard and I have been tutoring on the side, but I don't really want to put our "BUDGET" information up on the web, besides my blog is more about finding deals, but I do have this goal of paying for the trip with extra funds I "find" without using regular income. I hope to pay for the whole trip this way!

Anyway, I meant to ask you... what deal boards do you frequent? I am always looking for new ones to haunt and am just curious.

Precious March 31, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Hi KC,
I am beat after shopping 1/2 the day and I still have a lot to do tomorrow. I haunt:

http://www.afullcup.com
http://hotcouponworld.com/forums/index.php
http://forums.slickdeals.net/
That is about it!

BTW, I meant to tell you before that I think it is wonderful that you are a SAHM. My DIL is also and I was. It's a sacrifice sometimes but it is one that was well worth it. No one will raise you child or children better than you will. I never regretted it!

Precious March 31, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

KC, Take a look at the kroger deal here: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

I sure hope we get in on this at Frys!

Precious March 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

KC,

I want to make sure that you know about this: http://disneyonlineresearchpanel.audienceprofiler.com/panelsite/index.html

kc April 1, 2008 at 4:09 AM  

Thanks! I just signed up.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP