Walgreens Totals

>> April 12, 2008

Ok. So I hit up a few walgreens yesterday, to pick up some Rx essentials for overage and use the $5/20 coupon. I had only one bad experience which I will talk about at the end.


I will just list my Walgreens summary from yesterday
4 Walgreen Brand Formula 25 oz cans- used 7 day coupon making it $12.00 each
12 Nature Made Rx Essentials Diabetes - 5.00 coupons- 2.00 WAG coupons
8 Aveeno Lotions - 1.50/2 coupons (on some not all)
1 Soy joy bar (for rebate)
1 polident for gc promo
Total $12.70 ($10 on a walgreens gift card) so $2.70 cash

Earned $20 in Register Rewards
Not bad for a month's worth of formula, much less another $20 in Register Rewards, more nature made points for coupons and $12 in rebate $ from caregivers.

I tried to go to one last store last night, a store had an issue with a few weeks ago combining a manufacturer's coupon with a walgreen coupon that resulted in overage. Unfortunately for me, they had at least 6 of the Rx Essentials Vitamins, but the same "stupid" cashier was working. I didn't even attempt to use 6 of the Vitamin coupons, only 3 since I figured she would have an issue with that. However, she had issues with the 2.00 + 5.00 coupon creating overage, since the vitamins were 6.19. She wouldn't adjust the coupons down. When she called the AM about it , The AM didn't even address her concern. Instead she comes over and after reading the coupons comes up with the idiot/dreaded " one per purchase" argument. Basically stating that I could only use one coupon, even thought I was "purchasing 6 of the product". I tried to explain the difference between transaction and purchase, but she didn't think there was a difference. I hate reasoning with cashiers about this, I couldn't believe I was having this discussion with a "Manager." Anyway, so I left my purchase at the register and unfortunately it was right before closing, so I couldn't even make it to another store in time for one last order.


Oh well, I emailed Walgreens explaining the incident and a previous one that I had let go, basically same cashier with the same issue of combining a walgreens and manufacturer's coupons that results in overage. Most cashiers will not care, or at least price adjust the coupon down, but she was unwilling to do that for me. Anyway, I just need to avoid that walgreens and hopefully get a clear coupon policy from corporate to carry with me.

5 comments:

Precious April 15, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

KC,

Would you check my blog totals for the last few entries and see what you think about how I am calculating my totals. I have a person commenting that I am doing it wrong. I don't believe that I am. And I have had others say that I am not. Would you give me your honest opinion? Please e-mail me at HCW.

Precious April 15, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Never mind. I am going to figure it out myself.

kc April 15, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Precious.. I tried to email you through HCW... took a guess on your ID there based on your PP id. let me know if you received it.

Precious April 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

KC,

I didn't get it. I am Momtwo over there! Thanks.

kc April 15, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

I thought that was you... I sent an email through thier website earlier, but also went back and did a PM. let me know if that doesn't work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP