Free Hotel Rooms...

>> July 24, 2008

Ok here is a little more information about free hotel rooms. Basically, the wyndham hotel group has a BEST RATE GUARANTEE(BRG) that states... there own rate is cheaper than a competitor website or the 1st night of your stay is free, of course the great part about this, is if you stay is only one night.. then its totally free.

Their family of hotels include: Knights Inn, Amerihost Inn, Travelodge, Super 8, Baymont, Howard Johnson, Days Inn, Ramada, Wingate By Wyndham.

If you find a hotel rate for the exact same room 1 king vs. 1 king, etc on a competitor website.. like hotels.com, then simply book your room through wyndham, then submit a claim to their BEST RATE GUARANTEE department.

We stayed in Yuma coming and going to SD for free at the Ramada. I also have a room booked in Phoenix in December for a family Christmas function we are attending. You don't have to pick the cheapest room, in fact I have a KING SUITE for our December function. I found a competitor site that offered a cheaper rate (taxes and fees don't count), once the BRG department confirmed it, they changed my reservation to show a rate of $0.

I don't think any of these hotel chains are fabulous, but most can be pretty good or decent and it really just depends on each individual hotel. The Ramada we stayed at in Yuma, was SUPER OLD and OUTDATED... but it was a King room with fridge, microwave, lots of TV channels, a hot breakfast buffet, heated pool, etc. While I couldn't imagine paying the $94 rate they list on their website, or stay more than 1 night at a time, it was a great stop over for us and we did take advantage of the pool and breakfast. On the other hand, I found a free room for one of my brothers in phoenix... it was a days inn in Tempe, and it was a dump, I think we could have stayed if necessary, but we are also more familiar with the area (sort of crappy part near campus), however, the room ended up being very smokey, despite being a non smoking room and my brother and g-friend were uncomfortable with the location, so they ended up checking out early and driving home to Tucson. So I think reading reviews on multiple websites about each hotel is important.

Anyway.... this post is way longer than I intended. I learned about this program through slick deals.. here is the thread:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=702644
lots of good information if you want to attempt it.

Oh and one more thing. There is no risk, as these are just hotel reservations, not pre-paid rooms, so if for some reason your BRG is denied.. then you can just cancel your reservation.

2 comments:

Precious July 25, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

KC,

Just wanted to let you know I found some of thsoe coupons at Safeway.

kc July 25, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

great! They are free at bashas this week :) I was hoping someone would put kleenex on sale for 1.00, so that I wouldn't HAVE to go back to Safeway. Plus now I don't need to search for extra coupons for you :) If I manage to get over there, great, if not.. no pressure :)

I love a free stockpile of kleenex, the lousy .40/3 insert ones never work out to be a great deal. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP