Frugal Ramblings 8/8

>> August 08, 2009

  • CVS.com has a quiz for a $5/25 coupon on their front page. Here is a direct link to the quiz coupon. (I found this via SlickDeals).


  • I just enrolled us in a special RX savings card specific to a medicine we use monthly here. It reduces our copay from $50 to $5 a month. If you are on any specialty medication, you can always try and search (using Swagbucks of course) to see if their are any specific medication savings plans out there for your particular medication. Often times the drugs manufacturer will help. Check out these links to get you started. Pfizer & Abbott


  • I ran out of napkins a few weeks ago, which then began a glut of paper towel usage. I have been wanting to cut back even more on paper products, so I dug out the cloth napkins I had tucked away (AND NEVER USED). I thew them in a basket on my counter (underneath the paper towels, so no one forgets to grab one). I had snagged them YEARS past during Target's holiday clearance. I actually think I have another set of "cream" ones also that I could dig out. However, we have been doing fine with the green set.

  • In addition, we bought a hook to install on the cabinet next to the sink, to hang a hand towel. I still catch Peter grabbing paper towels to dry his hand, but he is definitely getting better!

  • Oh and I had faced this dilemma on how to store my towel/rags in my laundry room. However, I had a reader suggest this ikea thingy, which I actually already had stashed away in Quinn's room (not in use). It works great, I love when I can organize better and not buy anything to accomplish that! Thanks again "J"!


  • Overall my towels and & rag laundry has increased in volume, but not in the number of loads. I was already washing it once a week anyway, so I don't think my laundry has truly increased but our paper product usage has definitely decreased. Now the loads are more normal sized, vs. tiny. Here is the hamper I am using for dirty towels and cleanings. It is the perfect size and lets the wet rags dry in between washes.


  • I have been slowly working on different deals for xmas presents. Unfortunately with family snooping on the blog.. its hard for me to post much about it. :-) I hope you have started thinking about xmas, last minute shopping generally costs more! I think I have some creative gift ideas and worked on different reward and discount programs to get the most bang for my buck. I have to say my favorite overall deal has been Swagbucks! I have been redeeming my swag bucks for quite a few amazon gift certificates, which will help me finish off a few gifts closer to xmas!

4 comments:

Teresa August 10, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Hi KC
Quick question how do I redeem my swagbucks for amazon gift certificates? Oh and I saw u scored a I think it was a 75/100 coupon for old navy. Good for u :)
I did not have the patience to keep trying.
Thanks!
Teresa

kc August 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Hi Teresa!
Click prizes on the top left, then scroll down, there is a "gift and reward cards" category. It should be right there on the page. Let me know if you need more help. :-)

I was pretty excited about the 75/100 Q. If I think about it on Thursday, I usually have it open and wait. I don't go too crazy though, luckily it hasn't been to late (AZ time) lately, so it isn't too taxing to give it a shot!

Teresa August 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Thanks Kc I did find it. I got a Restaurant.com - $25 e-Gift Card. I have to wait 7 days to get the code? Just wanna make sure I get this right.

kc August 11, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Hi Teresa! Glad you found the rewards! You do ahve to wait a processing time. They will email you when its in your account. For amazon gift certifcates they don't email them to you, they are available in your account settings, under "my gift cards". I hope it makes sense. You can also check under "order status" to see the cards you have received or are waiting for. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please ask! :-) I think Swagbucks has been one of my favorite finds of the year!! its so easy!
:-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP