Frugal Ramblings 9/5

>> September 05, 2009



I guess I am due for a post by now. Seriously not shopping still. I do have another CVS run to post up, but I haven't been to any grocery stores, even though there are decent deals at Frys to be had. If you haven't seen the ad or stopped by PYP lately, check out the deal discussion for Frys here!!




  • We did spend $60 at Costco this morning. Basics mostly: yogurt for us, yogurt for Quinn, bread, milk, grapes, apples, nanas, goldfish crackers, bagels, etc.

  • I spent most of yesterday organizing the kitchen pantry and food stockpile shelves (in the laundry room). Unfortunately I had to toss some food that just expired. I was too embarrassed to take "before" pics, but this is what they look like now...










  • I KNOW that we are good on spagetti sauce and tomato sauce, plus have a decent amount of diced tomatos. Of course we always have plenty of pasta. We also have lots of turkey chili and Manwhich!

  • The extra space I created, allowed me to better organize a few "categories" so its easier to see what we have.

  • The kitchen pantry had several almost empty boxes or bags of treats that I had to toss for being stale. Hopefully we can keep it a little better organized this time, to stay on top of the goodies and not let any go to waste! I discovered 3 bags of Tostitos opened! Luckily they are all still good, but I clipped them all together to make sure we eat them up!
  • I have noticed I am spending less money in some ways because I am not shopping as much... of course blowing $60 at Costco isn't exactly saving money either.
  • I have also been sneaking in a few extras whenever I do shopping for my dad.. taking advantage of the weak and needing post surgery guy! :-)
  • I guess that is all for now.. I can't think of any other goodies to share!

3 comments:

Precious September 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

KC,

You did a great job organizing. It is SO NEAT! I find by not shopping much for the past 6 weeks or so that things are getting a lot neater around here.

kc September 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Thanks precious, I felt better after finishing it. It had been driving me nuts, I felt a little bad about some of the food I threw out, but I can only try to do better next time! Plus I am so much more aware of what I have now!

I have found there isn't much to put away when you aren't shopping, but my coupons and ads pile up. I have the best intentions to make a deal run to a store, plan it out and then it never happens. I really need to buckle down and do a few good deals and get rid of my execess coupons/papers!!!

Teresa September 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Hi Kc!
I saw you posted on PYP about wanting some mickey toontown madness tickets. We just got back from disneyland last night and we didnt use ours. I have 3. I am looking at them and I would think that you can use them. It just says the guest has to have a multi day ticket in order to enter disneyland park and toontown. I also have various other coupons. Let me know if you would like them.
Teresa

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP