Frugal Ramblings 9/7

>> September 07, 2009



  • I forgot to mention previously that I was accepted into the Neilson Consumer home scan program thingy and I received the equipment this week. However, after doing some research online, (I found a lot of negative reviews), I decided that it will be too much work for what it is worth. And right now my time is quite precious with the way I am feeling!

  • I received 5 magazines yesterday (my mail man must love me!!) and freebie bottle of OPI nail polish. I am not sure why I received the nail polish, I guess I signed up for something. Unfortunately, it is a hot pink type color and I am more of a dark blue/green, maybe purple nail polish type girl.

  • We had the dogs groomed yesterday, which cost $119 with tip. Unfortunately I didn't have anymore of the $10 petsmart grooming coupons from the entertainment book. I usually try and trade for extras. We usually have about 3 months in between grooming appointments. We have them both shaved down as close as possible and then bathe them ourselves every couple of weeks. So this is a big expense for us, but I am not sure we can help it. (We have tried grooming them ourselves, well I made Peter try.... but it was a nightmare and not easy).

  • I have been trying to declutter some of Quinn's toys, he has way too many. Plus with his b-day fast approaching, I know he will acquire a few more. I have a hard time picking and choosing what to get rid of. However, I desperately need to because we have run out of space! The couple toys I did decide on, as soon as I pulled them together with the all the parts/balls, quinn decided he wanted to play with them. Plus I feel guilty about any toys that were gifts, but we can't keep everything forever! I guess I will just have to bite the bullet, and make some decisions while Quinn is sleeping! I wish their was an easier way!


  • I did go through my gift bins to find all the new baby goodies I had set aside. I have 2 friends with upcoming showers that I need to prep for. I found quite a few fun little extras that will be good to throw in with their gifts. Plus I am involved in one of the showers so some of the things will be part of a game we are doing.

4 comments:

Connie September 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I received my Neilson kit last week too. Once I got it and started reading through the material, it seems WAY too time consuming and not easy to earn rewards. I was going to get it all set up this weekend, but think I've come to the same conclusion as you...just not worth it. Do you know how to send it back?

kc September 7, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

There was paperwork inside the box that included a return address label. Hopefully you still have that, although I am sure they would send you another one. I had decided against it before even opening the box, so I literally opened it to figure out how to return it. There was also a little note about how to send the equipment back for repair or return it, which talked about putting it in teh original box, filling out the back side of the packing slip, and using the return fed ex label. I am going to call tomorrow and let them know I am shipping it back! Too much work for the rewards is also my conclusion!!!

Precious September 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

KC and Connie,

I did this at one point. My time was worth way more than you earned.

all4r2ins September 11, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

If you let me know what coupon you use for the groomer I would be happy to send you any I have from my entertainment books!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP