Diaper Treasure!!!

>> October 18, 2009

I found diapers last night on a clearance end cap with no prices yet... meaning they should be marked down today at some point. But WHEN is always a huge question, because they are busy with the new sales ad and other things. Marking clearance just isn't a priority for them. So I called this afternoon to check if they had done it yet.. they hadn't, but claimed they would be doing it right then. So I went on down there.. of course it wasn't marked yet, (remember they are busy), but I tracked down the lady I spoke with and she double checked the pricing for me.

Here is a tip on CVS clearance pricing... when the item is in the sales ad, the sales price will OVERIDE any clearance pricing. I learned this rule while "stalking" formula one time. I caught it at 50% and came back the next week, knowing it should be 75% off... however it rang up full "sales" price, because ALL of the similac happened to be on sale that week.. which over-rode the clearance cycle.. unless you find a store employee who understands what is happening and fixes it for you.

Anyway, so this applied to the diapers this week. All the diapers I bought were MEGA packs, which are normally $17.99, but are on sale this week for $14.99, so that is what the scanner told me. Luckily the lady I spoke with understood this process and had the front cashier just price modify it 75% off (the original price.. not sales price)! I was super stoked! I was afraid they might only be 50% off, which would still be high even with MQs. (Normally I only buy jumbo packs, because smaller packs with a coupon are almost always a better deal then the bigger packs with coupons!)

So I did 2 orders... in order to use (2) $5/25 CVS Qs. Plus my dad wanted soda, so I had 2 coke 12 packs + a gallon of milk (I was still short $25 of my 2nd order and milk is practical.. we go through a lot of it!). The soda and milk are not pictured...

Summary
7 Huggies MEGA packs $4.50 each - $2 and $3 Qs (home mailers or printable)
2 Pampers MEGA packs $4.50 each -No Q's for these...
2 coke 12 packs $3.25
1 Gallon milk $2.19
-(2) $5/25 CVS Qs
-(2) $10 ECBS
Total $1.78 (on a gift card) + $3.30 cash (my dad's total for the soda, so he even got a deal!)

My cost... $21.78 in CVS $$$ (no real cash) for 9 MEGA packs of diapers + gallon of milk. If you don't count the cost of the milk (we can pretend its bonus free milk!) I ended up with 434 size 3, 4 and 6 diapers, which works out to be $0.05 a diaper! Plus I used no cash!! Yah!!!

Can anyone tell I am excited? I missed out on some diapers at my fave store a few weeks ago, so this makes up for it. I am totally on the look out for diaper deals now that #2 is on the way! Hopefully I will get lucky again!

5 comments:

Teresa October 18, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

wow thats great KC!What a great find! I just got the sit and spin at Kohls for a dollar something. I was reeeaaally excited that went through. Super cheap xmas present.yay
Teresa

kc October 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Hi Teresa! I was super happy to find them! I was gonna try to do that deal at Kohls too.. but then my mom reminded me she already had one for Quinn put away for xmas. Plus I checked in our store and they didn't have it.. maybe already sold out? I was tempted to get another one for a toy donation. I love cheap presents!! Its always fun to snag a deal on a great gift!!

Milloy Family October 18, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

KC! Great job! I'll have to check and see if my CVS stores are clearancing diapers too (crossing my fingers!). Your deals are so inspirational! Your blog makes me want to get in my car right now and drive to CVS. Thanks for sharing your deals!

kc October 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Hi Milloy Family! You have some great deals also, I love reading about them on your blog!!!

I saw other people mentioning diaper clearances online and I missed out on some a couple weeks ago at my fave store. Mostly because of their lack of consistent timing with updating clearance pricing. I shouldn't complain too much, I do find fab deals too, I just want MORE fab deals! :-)

amanda.hall October 19, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

I'm a new reader of your blog and I am SO inspiried of your diaper find! I didn't even know stores clearanced diapers that cheap. Great find!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP