A good run at Safeway, although it took awhile to check out...

>> October 10, 2009


So we hit up our other safeway and found LOTS of the $0.99 kleenex. I grabbed 12 boxes (enough for 4 orders) and there was still at least 20 boxes left!
I had some extras planned for my orders, which didn't take too long to grab, but a couple of issues at the register took us about 10 minutes to check out...
  • First the pasta I picked up was discountinued to it rang up at $1.79 and not the sale price of $1.00 each
  • Then I couldn't find my $3 OYNO from my last trip.. but no big deal, I paid with my gift card and figured I will have an extra $3 OYNO to spend.. I just need to find my first one at home.
  • Because of the pasta mix up and a building line behind me.. I was flustered and forgot to give the cashier my last 2 pasta Qs on my 2nd order.. causing that order to be high. Then the cashier wanted to just use them on my next order, except that I had it planned to under a $1... so that didn't work. She voided it.. and after all my orders.. cashed out the coupons for me.
  • I did receive an extra $3 OYNO Q, since she had to void my 1st order to fix the pasta issue.

Order #1

3 kleenex $0.99 each - $0.50 MQ= $1.97 for all 3

1 Hunts Tomato $1

3 Barilla Pasta $1 - $0.50 MQs= free

2 Dial hand Soap $1- $0.35 MQs= free

1 Bright Green Bleach $1.49- $1 Q= $0.49

Total $3.76 on a gift card, earned $3 RR (2 of them actually because of the void)

Order #2
3 kleenex $0.99 each - $0.50 MQ= $1.97 for all 3
1 Hunts Tomato $1
2 Barilla Pasta $1 - $0.50 MQs= free
2 Dial Hand Soap $1- $0.35 MQs= free
1 Bright Green Bleach $1.49- $1 Q= $0.49

-$3 OYNO Q (from previous order)
Total $0.70 on a gift card. Earned another $3 OYNO Q

Order #3

3 Kleenex $0.99- $0.50 MQ= $1.97 for all 3

1 Hunts Tomato $1

2 Dial Hand Soap $1- $0.35 MQs
1 Bright Green Bleach $1.49 - $1 Q= $.049
-$3 OYNO Q

Total OOP $0.76, earned $3 OYNO Q

Order #4

3 Kleenex $0.99 each - .50 blinkie (doesn't double)= $2.47 for all 3
2 Dial Hand Soaps $1- $0.35 MQs

2 bottled waters $.50 each.. (fillers and we were thirsty)

-$3 OYNO Q

Total $0.69 OOP, earned $3 OYNO Q

I love this deal.. It ends tomorrow, so I am not sure if I will get another chance to do it again.. but stocking up on kleenex is great for this time of year!

My mom earned another 3 boxes of Kleenex + a dial soap for her deal seeking participation. :-)

3 comments:

Teresa October 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

Hi Kc!
Just want to make sure I have this right before I attempt this deal. Buy 3 kleenex get a cat for dollar amount off your next order? Is there any limit? Also I have been meaning to ask you can I use extra bucks from cvs to buy gift cards?
Teresa

Teresa October 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

oops I just saw you got 20 boxs so I guess there would be no limit. But you break up your transaction?

kc October 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

You have to buy 3 at a time... I did orders back to back, so no limit. Just used the $3 OYNO for the next order. Just planned for something extra in my order to cover the overage from the kleenex Qs.

And.. no cvs won't let you buy gift cards, there registers are super smart. :-) (unlike walgreens)... bummer, cause I can usually build them up well at CVS!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP