Goodies from Gramme! ++ A new way to organize them!

>> October 24, 2009

I get these lovely little care packages from my Gramme every month or so.. They are mostly filled with coke points and BTFE (boxtops), but also LFE and other goodies from packages. She is quite diligent in saving them for me! In fact I think she has recruited one of sisters into helping as well! They are a fun surprise to get! Thanks Gramme!!

This is the new organizing method I have for my extra goodies (like what Gramme sends), rain checks, RX tranfer Qs, gift cards, carwash, hair cut and dining coupons.. and well you get the gist. Its been working great for me, to have it easily accessible and in view, vs. trying to file things in different folders or bins. I spent sometime a week ago pulling all my goodies together and getting rid of expired Qs.
The next picture is just the bottom half of the system.

I lucked out and found my Walgreens had clearanced these HUGE, CLEAR (very important to see what you are storing) shoe organizers for $2.99. I had checked online and saw they sold them for $5 each, and since I had RR to spend, I decided it would be the best place to try. (Last time I checked, CVS had smaller, canvas ones that were a bit more expensive. I bought one for storing our electronics stuff last year). The first store I checked, didn't carry it anymore, and I was quite bummed because I had checked online and Walgreens is pretty accurate about telling you whether they sell it in store or online. Of course when I found them clearanced at the next store, I totally understood what was going on! So if you are in the market for one, check your local store for a steal!!
I am pretty happy so far with my categories and am debating whether or not I need to label any of the pockets. Most of them are pretty obvious. I do believe that the hair/car/dining coupons should be labeled well, so that Peter doesn't have any trouble finding them. (Do they ever truly look for something???)
Anyway, what do you think? Oh and I can't really take the credit for this idea. I do have one of these clear babies in my pantry for extra spices, splenda, seasoning packets, etc. And of course I mentioned the smaller, canvas shoe holder I use for our electronics cords, cases, etc. However, it didn't occur to me to do this... I saw it here at Fi$tfull of Coupon$!


3 comments:

Precious October 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

What a fantastic way to organize! Thanks for the idea!

kc October 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I love it. It has worked out so well for me. Given that I already use a couple shoe organizers for unconvential storage (not shoes), I don't know why this idea didn't occur to me. I am still working on getting things completely organized in my office and front room (where I keep a shelf/bag for my current coupons and ads). However, this has made a huge improvement, I have ONE place for these things, rather than stashing them in various ones that I lose track of or can't find!!

Renee Richins October 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

I use one of those to organize all the free makeup I get. :)
I'll have to see if I can find any on clearance.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP