Joint Juice Deal was a NO GO for me..... but had an ok deal run.

>> October 01, 2009


I decided to venture out today to take advantage of two smoking deals, one at Safeway and one at Walgreens. One worked.. the other didn't.


Safeway

The safeway deal is supposed to be buy 7 Joint Juice and earn $10 OYNO Q. Plus if you buy 1 or more, you also get a $5/7 Q that prints. So the idea is to buy 1 joint juice.. for $1.39 and get the $5/7 Q. Then buy 7 Joint Juice at $1.39- $5/7 Q. Total will be about $5 (depending upon the price of the joint juice in your store). Plus you get the $10 OYNO Q. Then you can roll it into the same deal again, giving you about $5+ overage each time. Assuming of course you can find enough stock of this stuff.... My store only had 8 bottles.. just enough to buy the first one for the Q.. then 7 on the next order to start the deal. Of course neither the coupon or the OYNO catalina printed. The catalina machine light was on... but nada printed. BUMMER!! It sounds like a great deal. I am not sure if the deal was killed off early or if it just didn't work at my store. Anyway, I won't be trying it again.. because safeway is my least fave store and it's not worth my time...


Walgreens

The walgreens deal worked good. Check out the details here... at Arizona Savings.

3 Theraflu $4 each - $2 Wag Q- $2 Wag Q= free

2 Glade Candles $3.29- free MQ= free

1 Herbal Essences $2.99- $1 MQ= $1.99

Total on a gift card $3.30

Earned $8 RR (theraflu) + $2 RR(herbal essence).. thought I would get a $1 for the glade also, but it must have ended yesterday (Sept. 30).

Profit $6.70!


Anyway.. definitely profitable..I have never stacked Walgreens Qs before... so I am not sure if all stores will it allow it or not. I might try and do this again... I just don't have any more walgreens gift card funds left.. so it depends if I want to start paying OOP for the deal or not....


CVS

My card (finishing up the Tide deal from Tuesday).

1 Tide $6- $1 MQ

1 Dawn $1 - $0.50

1 Accu Aviva Meter $14.99- $10 MQ

1 Gallon Milk $2.79

2 GE peanut clusters $1.98- $2/2 CRT

-$5/25 Email Q

-$5 ECB

Total $3.68 on a gift card.

Earned $10 (P&G/Tide) & $5 (Meter)


I had planned my deal using a $7 ECB, but then I discovered I let a $5 ECB expire yesterday... so I decided to see if they would let me use it instead.. and they did push it through for me. So my OOP on a gift card was a bit higher than I wanted, but at least the $5 ECB didn't go to waste.


Mom's Card

1 Accu Avia Meter $14.99- $10 MQ

2 Tide $6- $1 MQs

-$5/25 CVS Q (from their website)

-$10 ECB

Total $0.79 on a gift card.

Earned $5 (Accu Avia)

8 comments:

Precious October 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Hi KC,

I couldn't find any Joint Jucie in stock. However I did do the Theraflu deal 3 times early this morning. What a great money maker!

Milloy Family October 1, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

Hi KC - Hope you're feeling better and the morning sickness is over. I am so glad to see you were able to make some money at Walgreens! I want to go back and grab some more Theraflu, but I don't want to pay any more tax out of pocket.

Thanks also for the tip on the Joint Juice. I've been searching everywhere for it and have been disappointed that its been cleaned out. I wonder if the deal is over now.

Jennifer October 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Joint juice worked for me today in two different safeways in phoenix. Can't get the walgreens coupons to print correctly or I would go do that one!

GRAMEE October 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

KC, {Diva!} I just found your blog this week! I am hooked. We moved to Arizona a few months ago from a state that didn't have CVS. And very few Walgreen's. So I didn't realize the benefits of shopping there.
I am headed to my nearest CVS this morning.(I actually need Tide, paper towels and t.p. perfect timing!} I am sure there is a Walgreens near there. {i want the TheraFlu} I am ashamed to say I have never been inside one. So wish me luck.
I will return and report!

I noticed You are expecting a baby!! congratulations!!

kc October 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Hi Precious! I searched the safeway High and Low before I found my Joint Juice and they had just enough.. course it didn't matter since it didn't work for me. I will probably do the theraflu one more time just to have extra cold/flu meds in stock!

kc October 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Hi Milloy Family,

I found a $5 walgreens card today, so I may use that to do a few more deals, I wouldn't mind getting a few more shampoos as well. It has been so long since I have bought any, my Family (receipts of my extras) want to know where the shampoo is. :-)

Check out Jennifer's comment below, the Joint Juice deal worked for her yesterday. I know the green light was on my catalina machine, so I have no idea why nada printed. Oh and I found my juice, top shelf of the actual juice aisle (last place I looked.. of course).

kc October 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Hi Jennifer,

When I opened the walgreens coupons, it automatically opened it in Google, but I then hit "download" which seemed to then open it in a different program. Those ones printed fine for me.

Glad to see the Joint Juice deal worked for you, safeway deals can be awesome, they are just my least fave store to deal with!

kc October 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

Hi Gramee,

I almost thought you were my "gramme" for a minute, so spells her name sort of like you do...at first glance I thought she had commented. :-)

I am glad you found my blog! Walgreens and CVS can seems like over priced places, if you don't do the deals, but if you know how to work the deals, they are a great place to stock up!!!

I hope you had success today at CVS and Walgreens! Don't forget to watch the expiration dates, Register Rewards (walgreens) expire in 2 weeks and ECBS (cvs) expire in a month!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP