Final Safeway Home For The Holidays Run & Summary of Challege!

>> November 28, 2009


I managed to do one last Safeway run for my personal $25 Home For the Holidays Promo Challenge. Safeway offered me a $25 gift card to offset my holiday supply purchases. You can read about my previous shopping runs here, here, and here.

Anyway, based on my last visit I had $3.79 left to spend plus a $5 HFTH and (2) $2 OYNO (from ICBINB purchases)...

I had 2 orders planned out but both included more butter.. since they are producing the $2 OYNO Qs. However.. both stores I checked were completely out the past couple times I stopped by.. So I regrouped and came up with another plan.

Here is what I did
4 Lea & Perrins $3.55- $2= = $1.55 each
3 Frosting $1.50 - $0.50 MQs= $0.50 each
6 Carnation Milks $1.25 each - $0.50/2 IPs = $0.75 each
- $5, $2 and $2 OYNO Qs
Total $2.70 on a gift card!! And earned another $5 OYNO for the Home For The Holidays Promo!

I did quite well over the past week with $1.09 left of my original $25 budget! The Home for the Holidays Promo (that runs through 11/29) really helped and of course coupons, and rolling the $5 & $2 OYNO Qs that I earned on my orders.

Here is a summary of everything I bought during my challenge:
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix: 4
Betty Crocker Frosting: 12
Wesson Oil: 2
Lea & Perrins Sauce: 5
Carnation Milk: 6
Karo Syrup: 1
Hersheys Baking Cocoa: 1
Flour: 1
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls: 12
Nestle Chocolate Chips: 7
ICBINB Baking Sticks: 16


We will be using most of these items for our holiday baking in the next few weeks. I also grabbed a few extras to stock our pantry; an extra box of Hershey's baking cocoa (for yummy No Bake Cookies that we eat year round!!), Wesson Oil, Flour, Lea & Perrins Sauce and Butter (I gave 1/2 of it to my mom).


I did quite well with my $25 budget (thanks to safeway for sending me a gift card!), and I have $1.09 left to spend (from the budget), plus my last $5 OYNO Q!


The Home For The Holidays Promo runs through tomorrow, Nov 29th. Hopefully you have had a chance to score some fabulous deals.

2 comments:

Becky November 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Wow!! You are awesome! I am just amazed at how much stuff you got for only $24 and you still have $1 and a $5 oyno!! Thanks so much for posting exactly how you do each deal!

kc November 30, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

Hi Becky,

I was pretty impressed myself! Sometimes promos and coupons can be combined for some awesome deals! I really focused on stuff we used too, sometimes snagging just "free" stuff for the food bank is nice, but I do prefer to get stuff we can use too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP