Frugal Ramblings 1/29

>> January 29, 2010

So I have some good progress on stuff, things that needed to get done or were done recently.

  • I finally got around to submitting the last of our medical reimbursement receipts for 2009. Since it is now direct deposited, it should be in our account by early next week.

  • We paid off our credit card, which we had previously been doing, but had let it build up a bit, while we we were working with our mortgage company on a loan modification.

  • The big news, (which we heard in early Dec) is we did get a mortgage loan modification, that resulted in a $450 decrease in our mortgage. The bank website is just now starting to update with the details of our new payment, they are so behind and you can't even get good information from them because one department doesn't know the details of what another one is doing. It's crazy. I am trying to be patient, but have wanted it all official online (even though we do have the official loan docs/agreement that we signed). We did have to "get behind" to qualify, which probably has affected our credit. I haven't even pulled our credit reports yet, I want everything in place before I start bitching at the bank for fixing stuff. I am sure it will be a process.. but regardless, it was necessary, because we really needed to the modification.

  • So we are starting a tighter budget and officially documenting for ourselves starting Feb 1. I made up some forms and we will see how good we can do....we have a huge goal we HOPE to achieve in the next couple of years.

  • I starting gathering our tax stuff together, and hope to at least do a quick estimate in the next week and get moving on actually filing pretty quick after that.

  • I received our (2) $5 BRU e-gifts for signing up yesterday as a fan on facebook.

  • I also requested and received a $81.xx check from BING.com for online purchases made last year. I plan on using it for extra "household" expenses as they come up, because we have our budget pretty tight right now (if we can keep to it that is) and this "extra" money will come in handy for some things that we want to do around the house.

  • My mom and I went through most of the baby stuff we had saved from Quinn, so we could figure out where I was at and what we still need for #2. I also pulled out my baby wipes (quinn is using toddler wipes now) and diapers to see what I have stocked up on.

  • I scored a great deal on a double stroller/sit and stand this week at Target thanks to a friend. After tax, I paid $91, I am pretty sure I can score $75 back easy on craigslist after about 6 months of use. (I will be switching to my Phil & Ted with double seat, once #2 graduates from being in his infant car seat).

  • Quinn received some new/free Thomas trains because we had a quality issue, I will be posting details about this soon. It was a total score and I would recommend Thomas the train toys to anyone based on the excellent customer service I received!

  • Precious at Frugal Makes Cents mentioned trying out 4hats Applesauce Chicken recipe... very simple and easy, so simple and easy I tried it today in the crockpot. It turned out well!

That's it for now.. I am tired.. and will really start rambling if I keep going! :-)


3 comments:

Renee Richins January 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

We are going through the loan modification process too right now. I'm nervous we may not get the help we need, but I'm glad it's worked out for you. Thanks for your blog. I love seeing the deals especially since I'm in Tucson too.

kc January 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Hi Renee,

I am not sure when you started the process, but we did back in April, and from what I read, I think we are lucky that we are "almost" done with it,"SO SOON"! Ha!

Even though its official, I want to see everything updated online and such.. which hasn't completely happened yet. I hadn't mentioned it really on the blog because I didn't want to jinx us!

Anyway, good luck with your loan!

Precious January 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Hi KC,

Congrats on paying off your credit card. That must have made you feel really good. :-)

I wish you the best of luck with your new budget. If you really keep on top of things, you will reach that goal. I track every penny and then once a week I look at what we have spent for the week and if we are on budget for the month. If we are not, I can adjust future expenses before we run out of month to make sure that we get there. I believe that going an entire month without sizing things up is dangerous.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP