Frugal Ramblings 1/8

>> January 08, 2010

What can I share from this week...


  • Called our insurance company to check how buying another car would affect our rates... I heard good news, the car we are interested in switching to has similar rates to what we already pay. I was worried it would make our rates go up.. more details on our car switch later.
  • We received news that we qualify for financial assistance for a medical thingy from the manufacturer! This will save us $1500!!

  • Received my $10 CVS bonus gift card from the coinstar promotion!

  • Received about 10 magazines in the past week to take into for trade credit!

  • Finished up my Christmas Stocking purchases for Quinn and his little brother for next year with Targets awesome Christmas clearances, I spent about $4 for each boy on all the goodies for next year! Plus my mom found some great deals for their stockings at her house!

  • School started back up.. so I am back to tutoring some evenings during the week.

  • Found an awesome b-day gift for 50% off at Target for a fun birthday/play date we had this week. I will be watching Target next week hoping to catch more toys at 75% off to stock up on for birthdays and Christmas for the next year.

  • Earned points via email messages on Mypoints, searched using SwagBucks, and did surveys on Opinion Outpost

  • Put away all xmas decorations, and didn't buy any new ones this year! I focused only on some toy type stocking stuffers with mostly my own boys in mind! We actually gave away to family and donated 2 boxes worth of xmas deco that we had extra, some not even opened... One xmas box was given to my brother/SIL and the other "extra" box was plain and I kept for other regular storage around the house. DH was happy he has 2 less boxes to cart back and forth to storage!

  • Peter took the car to get washed using an entertainment book coupon to get 50% off a premium wash. He then did some additional work on it himself when he got home. We are going to try and sell it for a bigger vehicle, with more space for 2 car seats...

  • Hit old navy's winter clearance sale in store (up to 75% off right now!).. and snagged 5 fairly cute Long Sleeved tops for my growing belly! I used a 25% off Q from oldnavyweekly.com and a gift card from xmas, so no OOP! I also used a $20 Eddie Bauer Rewards certificate (that was set to expire in a few days) to snag a Large, long sleeve t-shirt for another new top without any OOP cost!!
  • I also found out my labor/delivery and prenatal drs. visit are covered totally by our insurance other than the one $30 co pay from the 1st visit!!! I am sure we paid a couple hundred when quinn was born... so this was great news!!!


1 comments:

Precious January 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

You have had a great frugal week. Cobfrats on the savings on the medical item.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP