2 Big Safeway Orders

>> February 05, 2010

So I pulled together 2 big orders today for Safeway. I had hoped to use my VIP Q for the Fiber One Yogurt that they sent me through MyBlogSpark. Unfortunately the store that I went to was a little smaller (no meat counter, pharmacy) and I think they actually carry less items. Anyway, I still managed to get everything else I wanted, with only a couple small hiccups.

Update: My mom swung back buy safeway to get a few things and got my refunds for the beer overcharge, so my total for both orders is $32.88. I added the $6.37 back to my grocery budget for this week, which will roll into next week!

Order #1
4 Ragu $1.25 each - $0.30 MQs (all Qs worth $1 at safeway right now) - $1/2 Safeway Qs = $0.25 overage each!
Bestfoods Mayo $1.99- $0.60 MQ - $1 Safeway Q = $0.01 overage!
Coors 18 pack $14.99 (1st hiccup, because they are supposed to be $11.99)
2 Aunt Hatties Buns $1.49 each
2 Fransisco Rolls $1.49 each
4 Johnsonville Brats/sausages $2.49- $0.55 MQs= $1.49 each
2 Pillsbury Grands $1.49 each -.40/2 MQ- $1/2 Store Q- $0.30 EQ = $0.68 for both
2 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls $2.49 each - $.40/2 MQ-$1/2 Store Q - (3) $1 EQs!!= $0.02 overage!
2 Pillsbury Valentines Cookies $3 each - $0.75/2 IP - $1/2 Store Q - (3) $0.75 EQs!= $1.75 for both!
-$5/50 Safeway Q
-$2.50 OYNO Q
Total $21.72 on a gift card. Earned $4 OYNO (pillsbury) Plus I will get a $3 refund for the beer ringing up wrong!
Received $3.19 cash back for beer overcharge. New total for this order is $18.53.

So the EQs really helped with my pillsbury purchases! There is a link on the right side of my blog to sign up for EQs, cellfire, shortcuts and safeway EQs can all be added to your safeway card!! I bought 6 pillsbury items because it triggers a $4 OYNO Q! So factoring that OYNO Q in.. the pillsbury was a money maker.

Not bad for my order considering the beer rang up wrong, so I will need $3 refund. I wanted it for our superbowl party this weekend, plus I am doing the coors rebate for dad's house and mom's house too. I needed another package of brats for this weekend, will freeze the rest ($1.49 is not a bad price to have on hand), plus the buns for this weekend! I can't pass up on ragu that pays me or free mayo!!

Order #2
2 Ragu $1.25 each - $0.30 MQs (all Qs worth $1 at safeway right now) - $1/2 Safeway Qs = $0.25 overage each!
Bestfoods Mayo $1.99- $0.60 MQ - $1 Safeway Q = $0.01 overage!
Coors 18 pack $14.99 again over paid...
2 Pillsbury Grands $1.49 each -.40/2 MQ- $1/2 Store Q = $0.49 each
2 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls $2.49 each - $.40/2 MQ-$1/2 Store Q= $1.49 each
2 Pillsbury Pizza Crust $3.29 each - $.40 MQs - $1/2 Store Q- $2.40 EQs = $1.28 for both!!
2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch (huge boxes ) $5.49- Free MQs= free!
4 Ritz Crackers $2.50 each - $1 MQ- $1 Safeway Q = $0.50 each
-$4 OYNO Q (from 1st order)
Total $17.53 on a gift card, plus I earned another $4 OYNO for the pillsbury. And I will get $3 back for the beer overcharge.
Received $3.18 cash back for beer overcharge, so new total is $14.35 for the order.

My pillsbury cost $5.22 this order, but I again earned another $4 OYNO Q.. which is nice, make the pizza crust super cheap and then the grands and cinnamon rolls free... yum! More free mayo and overage Ragu. Ritz crackers are my fave.. so $0.50 a box is better than any other kind (except free Ritz!) :-)

I again was over charged for the beer. Ugh! This is a pain because safeway is the least convenient store for me to go to...I definitely try and wrap several errands in a loop when going there. Luckily my mom plans on going back tomorrow to pick up a few sale items, so I will send my receipt with her. I definitely bought the right beer, coors 18 pack cans... that is what is described in the ad. However, I did notice the coors bottles are the ones that are pictured... anyway, hopefully she can get it fixed for me. Plus I need decent receipts back, so I can do my rebates!


I had another $5/50 Safeway Q to use, but this order wouldn't let me.. the cashier said its because of the beer... but I had beer in the 1st order and it went through fine. Anyway, I was well over $50 subtotal, although the register told her I was $3 short and while I can appreciate that maybe beer shouldn't work, that really can't be the problem, because I would have been a lot shorter if you took the beer out of the subtotal. Anyway, whatever, the Qs are good until April, so I have plenty of time to use it on another order.

Overall, I should have a total of $32.88 for both orders (once I get the beer refund), plus I have a $4 OYNO Q to use and of course my $5/50 still that I couldn't use on my 1st order. Not a bad overall total, plus the (2) $15 coors rebates! Oh and peter is happy when there is beer in the fridge (even if its not his fave kind) and I am happy when it doesn't affect our grocery budget too much!

Remember I have a $50 Safeway/Fiber One gift card giveaway going on right now, be sure to enter. Thanks to Safeway and Fiber One through MyBlogSpark for providing the gift card!!

2 comments:

Precious February 5, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Hi KC,

I got the envelope of coupons today. Thanks so much! I am thrilled!!!!

kc February 7, 2010 at 4:06 AM  

Your Welcome Precious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP