Fabulous Saturday!!!

>> February 20, 2010



Well.. we had a fantastic Saturday!

1st off.. we spent a good couple of hours wasting away at my dad's house.... in the process of selling my grandma's truck.. as a favor for my dad.. however, he is throwing us a few bucks for doing this "favor" for him.. We had it listed on craigslist, Superbowl weekend with only a little interest, but we had limited time to "show" the vehicle. Then last weekend was valentines day, so we didn't do much. However, I started getting a few inquires from the OLD ad this week.. and I relisted it this morning.. and BAM multiple people emailing!


We sold it to the 1st guy who came out today! It's SOOOO Nice not having to worry about selling it anymore! Now we can pay off my dad the remaining $2500 we owe him for our new explorer...(he was generous enough to lend us a short term loan, so we didn't have to mess with banks or credit cards or anything). So i need to get my act together and do our taxes so we can finish paying him off, we always get at least 3k... so hopefully this year is no different!
Anyway, so we splurged and grabbed pizza for lunch to take back to my dad's while we waited on the guy to return with the money.

Anyway... later I ran out for some errands, including getting gas for the explorer (which I need to work on reducing!) and of course depositing my the cash from my grandma's truck.

THEN...
I picked up my $80 Albertsons Gift Card.. from the pots/pans promo. They ran out of pots and pans and I got the call, letting me know to come into the store and pick up a gift card in the amount=retail value of the pan you were waiting for... so $80 for me!!!! Which is so awesome.. I didn't NEED the pan... but I will love stretching that $80 as far as I can!!!!

I also stopped into CVS to use the $5/15 CRT I got from the scanner the other day!

CVS

2 Kitchen Trash Bags (big boxes) B1G1 50% off... $7.49 and $3.74 each
2 Oust $3.99 each - B1G1 MQ= $3.99 for both!
$5/15 CVS Q
-$10 ECBS
Total $1.37 on a gift card!!
Earned $6 back for the Oust purchases!!

So a net cost of $5.37 for the 2 big boxes of kitchen trash bags.. These are my fave ones to snag, cause I usually get them when they are on sale and I can use a Q with them. I just wish CVS carried 45 gallon black bags, since we ended up getting a bigger can for outside....

lastly...
I filled out all 3 $5 SCJohnson Rebates (3 per household) using 2 old glade receipts and 2 of my oust receipts. I am working hard on rebates this month.. seeing how well I can ad to our "extra" money funds!
Oh and of course the mail.. I received my free Sam's Club Freezer bag in the mail (nice freebie!!) + my Staples $26 rewards check from the duracell deal (FINALLY!!) and a trade!
How was your Saturday??

11 comments:

Anonymous,  February 20, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Can you tell me more about Albertsons and how you got the 80.00 gift card. I don't shop at Albertson because it is not close to me but I will if I can score gift cards :) thanks for all your great tips and finds. I read your blog everyday. Carmen c64g@yahoo.com I live in Oro Valley

kc February 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Hi Carment,
Actually it was from the wedgewood promo, where you earned stamps towards a free pot/pan. The promo ran through sometime in Jan... anyway, they ran out of the pans for people to redeem them.. so this was their substitute "prize".
So unfortunately it isn't really something you can repeat.
The best bet for gift cards for me... or grocery "credit" (in the case of Frys) for me has been transferring Prescriptions when Qs are available.
I am right near the Foothills Mall.. so super close to you.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! I love hearing from locals!

Teresa February 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

hi kc
keep a eye on the ads for office max. They have a rewards program as well. I bought a big box of copy paper a little over a month ago for $35 and I got it all back in rewards!
Teresa

kc February 20, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for thinking of me for office max! I actually do have an account with them too (and office depot), and that paper was a GREAT deal, I just didn't have any gift cards/rewards to spend there, in order to offset the upfront costs. I am trying to keep our OOP cost as low as possible right now. In fact, there has been some staples deals I have passed on, that would have loved to get in the past 2 months, IF i had my rewards already!

Anyway, thanks for looking out for me! :-)

Milloy Family February 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

I'm so jealous of your $5/$15 CVS CRT!I never get anything but the 2 generic coupons everyone gets. I used to get a lot more last year. I wonder if its because I hardly ever spend any actual money there. Oh well, I will carry on the CVS deals without that awesome Q. But yay for you!

kc February 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

I know I was so shocked with the $5/15.. I never get any good ones either. My mom's card didn't get any good ones either, I have no idea why they decided to be nice to me this week! The CVS gods were looking favorly upon me this week!

I do get the email Qs almost every other week though, which isn't bad either!


Maybe you will get lucky next week!

Teresa February 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

hi kc
are u having problems getting onpyp?
Teresa

kc February 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Yup.., was yesterday too. I can get to the Utah blog, but not to the board.

Precious February 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Wow!What a great deal getting the $80 GC. Good for you KC!

Teresa February 21, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

thanks it has been driving me crazy trying to figure out if it was my computer or not
Teresa

kc February 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Hi Precious!
I was excited to hear about the GC substitution possibility... kept my fingers crossed that they never had enough stock for me.. I didn't need another pan, I would much rather stretch that $80!!!

Teresa,
I am so glad it finally came back up too.. quite annoying! Not that there is much new on PYP since no one could get in. However, I do like to check ads or Qs often and I was frustrated with my lack of access to it yesterday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP