Frugal Ramblings 2/13

>> February 13, 2010

So I am sitting here... watching some ridiculous movie with DH and thinking about what I was able to do this week.... Sort of a mental check list of saving/earning money and frugal things to help me feel like I have accomplished something...

  • I started an online survey/opinion thingy for $75 gift card through a special study I was offered. It has to do with a former job and is very specific, there is no way to share this particular thing with anyone... It will take some time overall but I think the $75 is well worth it!
  • I entered 5 coke rewards codes tonight in both my and DH mycokerewards accounts.. they are offering a special Olympic promo where you earn a bonus 5 points per cap/flap if certain athletes metal on certain days... and the Apollo guy today was one of them....
  • I accepted an extra 2 hour tutor session for tomorrow (not something I normally do on weekends), but at $30 an hour.. its definitely worth the accommodation for my fave math student.
  • We splurged on takeout last night for dinner from olive garden, using a gift card from xmas and the $4/2 Q, I paid only a nickel (to round out the tip for the takeout girl).
  • I organized my pantry today while Peter was out with Quinn (a car wash, visiting with grandparents event), which allowed me to toss a few things that had expired (bummer!) and pull out a few things to donate. Plus I know better where I am at on some stockpile items.
  • Filled out a couple more rebates to mail out on Tuesday (monday is a holiday)...
  • Received a $5 Huggies Q and $4/20 CVS Q from RecycleBank today.
  • I planned a couple cvs runs for tomorrow's ad.
  • I researched some additional mystery shopping companies...I would like to find some new good, worthwhile shops to do for extra funds.
  • Of course we won the dinosaur contest (see previous post), so that will be an extra special event for next week!
  • I started shopping around for auto/home insurance, but haven't found anything better yet. I started my search through mypoints.. because I had an offer that if I could change as a result of their search.. I would get 5000 points! That would be nice.. but so far its a no go.

Ok.. now I am truly tired and can't think of anything else to share right now...

6 comments:

Precious February 14, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

KC,

We went with Farmers because they were cheaper in AZ. But each year after the first year, they upped the cost even though we had no accidents, tickets and an A+ credit rating. So we switched to Liberty Mutual which gave us a great discounted rate because of where DH went to college. You might want to try them. Car insurance here in NY is much cheaper than in AZ.

curmit27 February 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Hi Kc
I was wondering if u could tell me if $25 is a good price on a entertainment book? This would be my first time buying one and I really dont know if I could get a better deal then that...
Thanks so much


Teresa

kc February 15, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Hi precious,

We are planning on checking with most major companies, but I will specifically give liberty mutual a try, maybe I will get lucky too!

kc February 15, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Hi Teresa,

Is $25 for the Tucson book? Because Tucson retails for $35, so that would be a little discount, you can sometimes do better online with cash back and a deal...but I bought mine a few months bag at Wags when there was a $10 off Q and I could use Wags money, which was better for me than a slightly cheaper online deal that would cost me actual OOP $.

Online places like ebates and mrrebates might offer cash back for a purchase that could sweeten the deal online and I found this link for buying online...
http://entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml
If you buy online, I would sign up for ebates or something first.. and try and get cash back + the cheaper deal at the link above...sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't
hth

kc February 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Oh and I just checked.. Mr.Rebates is offering 30% cashback.. that is what I would try first..
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=387050
Sign in, search entertainment book first... click to go there.. then go back and click the link above for the discounted rate and purchase in the 2nd window.. that should allow you to get the cheaper rate + cashback...usually..

Teresa February 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Thanks Kc!! I signed up a few weeks ago with mr reabtes but did not even think of it..
Teresa

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP