Frugal Ramblings- Super Bowl Edition

>> February 07, 2010


Well, I am finishing up my frugal rambling thoughts for the past week... while watching the super bowl.

  • First off check out my new crockpot... only cost me $10! It's actually a replacement one from costco, because the plastic handle for the glass lid snapped off. We tried to superglue it back on.. and that FAILED miserably! So I returned it to Costco, a straight across trade would have been nice, although this IS a different model, so it ended up being exactly $10 more with the return credit. I am just happy to have a crockpot back with a usable lid, plus this one is slightly larger which is nice. Also I checked into buying a new lid, but crockpot didn't even offer a replacement lid for our model, and I am sure even if they did it would cost at least $10 + shipping anyway....


  • I only spent $31 of my $40 budget on groceries this week and that includes about ~$17 cash OOP for veggies (brats), ice and chicken for the superbowl party. Luckily I was able to snag buns, beer and another pack of brats at safeway with my gift card funds, so NO $OOP cost. Oh and pringles at CVS! Plus we already had diet soda, BBQ sauce, some chips/dip, turkey sausage, etc on hand already. Our party was sort of potlucky, so people also brought over.... Plus I added the $6 in cash I got back from safeway from the overcharge on the beer, which left me with $15 extra to roll into next week's budget.. but as you see above I spend $10 on the crockpot, and I am taking the $10 out of that. So I have $5 to add to next week's $40 budget!


  • I finished up filling out my Coors $15 rebates (and for my parents), and will be mailing them tomorrow so those funds (when received) will go to our Bonus/household funds to buy extra stuff not in the budget.


  • I ordered 2 more $5 amazon gift cards this week from swagbucks! Which is perfect timing.. because I actually need to buy a b-day gift this week... which along with the other gift cards I have will wipe me out again... I need to get "swag searching" again!!


  • I dropped off some Quinnie stuff to consign at RocknBabies this week, hopefully it will sell quick, so we have some credit over there. It's a super cute store!


  • I finally snagged the blackout curtains and a couple curtain rods at Target this week for 50% off. I have been stalking these for Quinn and #2's room for a few weeks. I plan on returning the 2nd curtain rod (Quinn already has one) once we decide which one is best for the baby room and then keeping my fingers crossed that I can get away with a total of 3 curtains between the 2 rooms, vs. 5, so I can return 2 of them to the store!


  • I snagged some super cheap dog food last sunday and and thanks to Teresea and Aimee @ PYP for a few extra Qs, I will snag a few more this week, these coupons were EXTREMELY short dated as they expire next sunday.


  • Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $50 Fiber One/Safeway Gift card provided via MyBlogSpark!

That is all for now.. at least that I can think of.. we have some yummy chicken leftovers among other things for this week which is nice and Quinn had lots of fun hanging out with everyone!

3 comments:

Precious February 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

You did really wel with your budget considering you hosted a Super Bowl Party. Congrats!

Heather February 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Hi KC! Thanks for voting for my friend! I hope you find a good deal on a photo session for your little one in Tucson :)

I just wanted to pass on a great deal I found on organic baby detergent at ToysRus - I'm not sure how long the sale is...but 99cents is a killer deal! (if you can get the coupon from Parenting Magazine - from Bookman's perhaps? If not, 1.99 isn't too shabby either!)

http://organicdeals.blogspot.com/2010/02/babyganics-laundry-detergent-only-99-at.html

~Heather

kc February 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Thanks Precious,
We did have everyone bring a little something, but overall we planned our menu well for budgeting. Plus we have a ton of the BBQ shredded chicken left... so several dinner/lunches this week for us and I plan on freezing some tomorrow, to eat in a few weeks, once we are no longer sick of it... its pretty yummy!

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the heads up on the detergent deal!! I hope your friend wins!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP