Pencil Thief!!

>> February 08, 2010


Someone is sneaking my pencils.. somehow he thinks they are his toys...

1st Order
Sonicare Toothbrush replacement heads $26.99 - $5 MQ = $21.99
1 Dove Mens Body Wash -$5.99- $1.25 MQ= $4.74
$25 Gift Card
5 Pencils $0.25 each (couldn't find the sale ones from the ad)
- $50 RR
Total $5.07 OOP
Earned $6 RR (dove)

2nd Order
Gallon Milks $2.69
2 Eggs $0.99 each - b1g1 printable= $0.99 for both
1 Dove Mens Body Wash $5.99- $1.25 MQ = $4.74

$25 Gift Card
3 Pencils $0.39 each (again couldn't find the sale ones from the ad)
Schick Razor $8.99- $3 MQ= $5.99
Polygrip $2- $1.50 IP= $0.50
-$40 ECBS
Total $2.19 OOP
Earned $6 RR (dove), $3 (schick), $2 (poly)

I am submitting for a $5 Sonicare Rebate and $8.99 Schick Rebate (from last week's insert).

I did finally realize that you can no longer use a walgreens gift card to pay for any $OOP cost on an order when you are purchasing another gift card. You used to be able too... but there has been a couple times recently I noticed that it has caught me off guard at the register. So that kinda sucks.... but I can still use my overage from RRs to pay towards a gift card which works out ok for me. I just need to be careful with my $OOP cost and tax on bigger orders, I would be better off, buying the GCs separate with a few smaller fillers, rather than throwing them on big orders where I will definitely have to pay tax.

6 comments:

Milloy Family February 9, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Do the registers beep when you try to buy a giftcard with a giftcard? This is the saddest thing I have heard all day! I was planning on going today for Huggies, but now I need to rethink my transactions. Hmm... thanks for the heads up!

kc February 9, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Yeah.. I have more on my order and try to pay the balance with my gift card.. and it says remaining items on order can't be purhcased with W card.. which are just the regular walgreens gift cards I had on hand, tried both gift cards I had yesterday. And it happened at another store a few weeks ago too,.
bummer!!

Nancy February 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Can you please shair the secret of how you are able to get a gift card using register rewards. I've been told by my Walgreens that you can't do it. I hate having to worry about the two week or less expiration date.

Milloy Family February 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

What a bummer! Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder if the restriction only applies the W card (the red one with the big W) or all the different types of Walgreens cards. I may test this out. If I do, I will report back. Thanks!

kc February 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

Hi Nancy,

yeah the trick is that I am not really using the register rewards on the gift card, if I want to use 5 RR, I buy 5 filler items, generally super cheap things (like the pencils), although sometimes just things I need in general. Its one RR or MQ per item, so the overage of each RR goes towards my overall total which also happens to include a gift card.

I hope that helps!!

kc February 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

I would love to know if the difference Walgreens cards make a difference.. both of my cards are the red ones I believe... that would be a relief if it still worked. I just happen to grab any walgreens gift card when buying them, I don't think too much about it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP