Target & Walgreens (friday)

>> February 05, 2010

A quick trip to Walgreens
Order #1
3 Hunts Tomatoes $1.69 each
1 Contour Meter $14.99- Free MQ = free
-$5 RR (from huggies deal)
Total $0.98 on a gift card, earned $10 RR (contour) & $5 (hunts + countour)

Order #2
1 Contour Meter $14.99- free MQ= free
Total $0.91 on a gift card, earned $10 RR (contour)

I am glad I managed to remember to use my Huggies $5 RR... I usually avoid using RRs, when doing other RR orders, just so I don't make a mistake. You want to only use an RR on an order, when you are doing a different deal, otherwise a NEW RR will not print!

Target
The blackout curtains I have been watching.. FINALLY went 50% off. I called the store this morning with the DPCI (target upc code) and checked the price. I bought 5 packages, but am hoping I can get away with only 3 of them. They were $7.48 each. Plus I needed one rod for a big window.. the "cafe rod" was cheaper at $10.98 and stretches to 120", however I am not sure if cafe rod means its less sturdy? So I also grabbed a drapery rod, that stretches to 112" and cost $12.48. I know I will be returning one rod, but am hoping I can return 2 of the curtains as well. That will keep this black out curtain project for both boys' rooms fairly reasonable in cost!!




6 comments:

Evers' Family Farm February 5, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Hey KC -

Did they have any other colors and which Target? Maybe I'll try the Mega-Target tomorrow.

My 4 year old is having issues w/ light as the sun comes up earlier. I have been procrastinating on this project.

Thanks! Melissa

kc February 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Honestly, I am not sure, I want to say there might have been a more girly color too, like a pink or purple. I am not really sure, its usually lots of cool stuff clearanced, so i was so excited to see a color that would work well for us. I had tunnel vision after that... I have been stalking these for weeks though. My suggestion would be to find this kind and just scan each color, cause I noticed not all clearance ones were marked at all stores, even though I knew this royal blue one was on sale.

We are replacing a table cloth "rigged" in quinn's room with this, plus using them in the new baby's room. As soon as he started getting up earlier.. we did this, I like my sleep too much. :-)
hth

Precious February 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Very nice deal on the black out curtains.

Precious February 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

HI KC,

Diabetic supplies are not taxed here in New York State to answer your question. On things that are taxed, we pay the tax before coupons just like you do in AZ. So not having to pay tax on meters is a bonus for me moving here. :-)

Milloy Family February 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

Great job! I'll have to check my Target and see what else has been clearanced. I am so jealous of your Bayer Qs, I used those up a while ago. You are doing awesome combining the meter with the Hunts. What a great deal!

kc February 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM  

Hi Precious,
Well no tax on diabetic supplies does make the meter deals even sweeter!!

Hi Milloy Family,
I still have about 10 Qs that I didn't use. I lucked out when they first came out, trading for them. I hoped to use them all this time around, but won't sweat it since we do still have a few months left before they expire and there always seems to be another meter deal around the corner!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP