Nursery Ideas: Robots!

>> March 06, 2010


So as we wind down towards the finish line... we really need to get in gear and finish the nursery. We had already decided on a Robot themed room and I snagged a couple great deals on robot stuff...

Crib Bedding Set &Mobile: $50 shipped from ebay

Wall decals: $6.48 for 2 packs (75% off at Target)

Plus the cutie plush, baby toy from Carters, pictured above ~$2.xx, clearanced out with an extra 20% off (such a fun find, just happened to check their clearance bin a month ago and found it!)

Anyway, we have a few more deco tricks up our sleeve, but our biggest issue is finding one nice poster/piece of robot art... without killing the budget!

I could blow my amazon.com funds (via Swagbucks!!) on the 24 X 24 print, and then maybe find a frame? This option would still be pricey, although cute......

Anyone else have some other idea? What do you think of the theme, and my deals so far???




4 comments:

ThriftyPuppy March 6, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

I think your idea of a robot theme is really cute. A cheap trick that I learned from watching HGTV is to use wrapping paper to create art. I would think it wouldn't be that hard to find some robot-themed wrapping paper and then frame it. That would at least be a cheaper alternative.

~Beth March 6, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

Since my sons room stays pretty warm we decided to hang up the comforter from the crib set as art. I love the robot idea. Very cute!

Kristin March 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

Michael's has some good sales on big blank canvas, too. You can paint your own rocket. I had my son who is 5 1/2 paint a picture on one for the playroom/guestroom. I love homemade art!

kc March 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

Hi guys... lots of great ideas.

I totally spaced the idea of the wrapping paper art! I had just considered it for the bathroom (we are redoing it in monkeys for the boys), I don't know why I hadn't considered it for the nursery!

We do have a cute quilt/blanket from the crib set that won't be used until he is a toddler (safety reasons), so that could be an option too.

I love the idea of homemade art, and painting a canvas! Although I know my 2 year would do better than me.. I am not very creative. :-)

We have made some progress this weekend.. and I will share the details on my organization and deco soon!! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP