Safeway - Sunday Night

>> March 02, 2010

I did an evening run on Sunday, 2 orders.. and got some great deals. I am slowing down quite a bit though... only 6 weeks to (if I can make it) and my back has been killing me the past few days. So I managed to snap a picture and get a few things put away before going to bed. Then yesterday, I put the rest away and attempted to decipher my receipts for this post... Some screwy stuff was definitely happening.. anyway, this was basically my plan...

Order #1
5 Diet Pepsi 2 liters $0.49 each
3 Nesquik chocolate mix $1.99 each (wyb 3+) - $1.25 IPS= $0.74 each (THANKS TO EVE for this find!!)
4 Skippy PBs $1.49 each - $.50 MIT Safeway Qs - $0.60 MQs= $0.01 overage each!
2 Sara Lee Breads $1.50 each - $0.55 IPs= $0.50 each!
1 Dawn Direct Foam $2.49- $0.50 eQ- $1.50 MQ= $0.49
1 Tide Laundry Soap $5.99 - $0.35 eQ- $0.35 MQ= $4.64
1 Tide Booster $6.99- $1 eQ- Free MQ = $1 overage!
6 Mr. Clean $1.99 each (wyb 3+) - $1 MQs= $0.99 each
2 Bologna's $0.99 each **** (or at least it should have been)
-$3 OYNO Q (from post cereal)
Total $11.19 on a gift card (which includes $1.51 in tax)

Earned $10 OYNO for P&G deal. What is awesome the original prices of Mr. Clean $3.99 counts towards the spend $25 total, even though you only pay $1.99 wyb 3+! I plan on sending this receipt in for the $10 Visa Card Promo... I haven't found the forms yet, but I will keep looking.

Special Thanks to Milloy Family for detailing her P&G scenarios on her blog!

What is a little weird.. is my P&G stuff alone (the cleaners) should have cost $11.58... more than I paid. Plus my food deals would cost $5.39 less my $3 OYNO Q, so another $2.39. Because of the screwiness of the receipt.. showing different safeway qs and such, its hard to tell what happened, but I think I was PAID for the bologna, My receipt shows 2 Bologna $7.98- $8, which would make it free! Plus I see a $1 off for CPN oscar mayer and then at the bottom another $2 off.... no clue how that happened, since I only had one safeway Q (from the ad) to get the $0.99 price....anyway, even with those.. the receipt doesn't ad up all the way.. oh well.

Order #2
same as above with Qs...
3 Skippy PB - $0.01 overage each
2 Sara Lee Breads $0.50 each
5 Diet Pepsi... $0.49 each, but these rang up $0.99 each.. so I guess she missed the ad Q to make them $0.49 each, so I will take the receipt back and get my refund.
Total $4.92 (higher than it should be... but will get back $2.50 from customer service)

I plan on hitting safeway again today, to do one more P&G deal, so that my mom can send in for the $10 visa rebate... and since the P&G e saver Qs reset yesterday (3/1), then I might just repeat the same deal as above.. and I may snag a couple more bolognas and see if the glitch happens again!

Oh and I am so bummed I didn't have another $5/50 entertainment Q to use... My 1st order was perfect for it.. plenty high enough subtotal, the extra $5 off would have been nice! Most of my orders tend to be smaller, so using the $5/50 can be challenging, unless a couple of really great deals come together at the same time! Oh well... at least I didn't use one, because I don't have another one.. and not that I forgot it at home (I hate when that happens!!)


6 comments:

Teresa March 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Hi Kc
I can use the 5/50 if my total before my other coupons is 50? I think I will be doing one more safeway run after seeing how good u did! And my boys love chocolate milk!
Teresa

Precious March 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Nice shopping. I can't believe you only have 6 weeks till the new little one. The time seems to have flown except for you of course. Take it easy! That's why we have stockpiles so that when you need to, you can just eat from them and relax!

Kim March 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Great job! I have to grab my Sara Lee bread today, thanks for the reminder. And thanks for linking back to my blog too! I wish I would have known about the Nesquick deal! I need to pay better attention. I'm thinking about one more P&G run. I am out of Charmin & Bounty MQs, but its still such a great deal, I can't help myself. Did you see that P&G e-saver added $3/1 eQs for the Bounty & charmin? Just wanted to make sure you know about those before the end of the cat today.

kc March 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

Hi Teresa!

Yes you can!!! Just give it to them first!!

Hi Precious!
I can't wait for the little one to arrive... My back is dead, and I would LOVE to sleep on back or tummy again! I am trying to prep with extra, easy stuff as much as possible right now. I am hoping another safeway/plate deals comes back around, I would love to have an obscene amount of paper plates, so I don't have to worry about that for awhile!

Hi Kim!
I was tempted to grab a few more loaves of bread, but 4 is quite a bit for us to freeze (and i have 2 loaves in there already).. .I just wish it froze like meat... forever! :-)
I did notice the charmin, bounty EQs.. I had planned another deal for today with my mom's card, but since the eQs reset.. I was able to repeat sunday's order with my own card again! I just got back.. will post my deals.. (not that its anything new, but it was awesome!!)

I am hoping to snag some good frozen food deals next week.... hopefully some good matchups occur!

Becky March 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Thanks for posting your deals!! I went again tonight and did great!! And thanks for the info on the nesquik!!

kc March 9, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

Hi Becky,

I almost wish I had snaggged another 3 nesquicks! I figured they had a long shelf life, and would last awhile.. but mmmmmmmm chocolate milk is good!! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP