Thursday Evening Errands: 99 cent only and Bookmans!

>> March 26, 2010

I bopped out pretty late last night with a friend run a few errands.

1st stop: Big Lots
I stopped at Big Lots to see if they had any of Crocs for $10, but our location only had generic ones. I am guessing these sold out fast.

2nd stop: 99 cent only
I picked up mini carrots, citrucel chews and dirty diaper plastic bags (for my diaper bag) for $3.16 OOP. Nothing too exciting.. but I did notice the store had TONS of the Dreyers peppermint and pumpkin ice cream right now! This is the Ina location for any locals. I still have 2 "gallons" in my freezer, so I showed some restraint.. but man I wish they carried it all the time!!!

3rd stop: Bookmans
I received $10 in credit for the 1o-15 magazines (I didn't count them), that we have received over the past few weeks. I spent that and more on the stuff pictured above. I found 2 Wonder Pets DVDs for Quinn, for $5.50 each, a Backyardigans robot book and a novel for me. I used Quinn's 10% kids club discount and $16.65 in trade to get the goodies for $0 OOP! :-)

I was hoping to find a Fireman Sam or Wow Wow Wubbzy video.. but I just don't think they are common enough yet.... I may get lucky at some point though!


I am hoping to get some grocery store trips planned and accomplished this weekend.. I have been busy cleaning almost all day today (am I nesting?? Gosh I hope the babe comes soon!), so I haven't done much paperwork or planning yet.


5 comments:

KM March 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Thanks for the reminder to get my butt over to Bookman's! I usually go when you do so I can stay consistent and give them the most current magazines I have. What's the kids discount? Hmm... I'll have to check that out when I go next week.

KM March 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allie Z March 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

Is there a bookmans on the west side? Also, do you cut your address off or how does that work? I have a ton of mags that I'd love to start trading in...

Thanks :)

Allie

kc March 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Ugh... since I have let comments go in WITHOUT moderation for my giveaway, i have to really pay attention to them...otherwise you guys will think I am ignoring you!

Kim,
There is a kids club, yellow brochure I think, its supposed to be good on any items a club member buys... but I am able to use it without my son, of course I am clearly buying him stuff, so maybe that is why. If you don't see a brochure at the counter, just ask I am sure they have them.

Allie, are you phoenix or tucson?? I think Phoenix only has one in Mesa... if you are tucson, there are several locations, I go to the NW one on Ina road, there is also one at campbell & grant sort of near UA.

Allie Z March 29, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I'm actually in Phoenix. I forgot about your locale... Tucson... D00h! :)

I'm in Glendale and work in Tempe. My hubby works in W-E-S-T Peoria so we seem to cover a huge territory. Too bad we don't have enough time to shop ALL stores inbetween LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP