Monday and Tuesday Shopping: Target, Albertsons and Walgreens

>> April 06, 2010

Target's Easter stuff was 50% off yesterday (maybe 75% on thursday), I picked up a few things, but really plan on keeping only things I can find at 75% (or my mom finds, since I hope to be actually delivering here anytime).
Here is what I did get..
Hotwheels Car Egg Set $5.49
Thomas Wooden Easter Train Set $7.49
Leap frog Tag Junior Springtime Surprise Book $2.49- $2 IP= $0.49!
Handy Manny 2-pack match box cars $1.49
Hotwheels Easter truck $1.49
4 Thomas take and play trains in Easter eggs $2.99
2 2-packs of little people $1.99 each
2 command wire organizer clips $0.87 each

Albertsons:
4 12 packs coke $10 (wyb) - $2 MQ= $2 each (not pictured.. will make Peter get them out later)
4 Gallons of milk $2.08
3 Yoplait Kids Yogurt $1.50 each (wyb 6 mix/match) -$0.35 MQ= $0.50 each
3 Yoplait Fiber one $1.50 each (wyb 6 mix/match)- $0.50 MQ= $0.50 each
1 dz mini bagels bakery clearance $0.99
1 Easter blow pops $1.64
2 Thomas Bagels BOGO $3.99 (of course they were marked BOGO, save up to $2.99 "implying that one was $2.99... and of course they didn't ring up right.. ugh albertsons sucks!)
Total $25.94


Walgreens!
At least I had a great wags trips....
Order #1
4 Lindsay Olives $0.99 each - $1/2 MQs= $1.96 for all 4!
3 Pilot Frixon highlighters $1.19 - $1 April Wags Book = $0.19 each
$10 Wags Gift Card
Mickey/Disney Easter Stickers $0.75 (filler)
-$13 in RR
Total $0.54 OOP

Order #2
3 Pilot Frixon highlighters $1.19- $1 April Wags Book = $0.19 each
Total $0.79 on a gift card!

The Pilot Frixon highlighters and pens on sale for $1.19 this week have a $4.50 rebate (wyb4) right on the back of the package!! So $0.57 + tax and you get $4.50 back!!!!








5 comments:

Eve April 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Great Job!! KC umm... for the Leapfrog Springtime book, there is a $3 off Leapfrog Printable that will give an overage of .51. I'm not sure if u saw this on my post :).
I agree with you on Albies ugh... I don't shop there nymore they give me too many problems with Q's.
Love your run @ Wags good going.

Thanks for your post :)

Eve

Heather April 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Hi kc! I was wondering - any tips/tricks on converting your rr's to wags gift cards? I'd like to stock up on some kotex this week (free after coupon + RR), but don't want to be stuck with a bunch of RR's unless I can convert them easily to gift cards. Figured I'd get some insight from the queen of wags gift cards :)

kc April 6, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Hi Eve,

I didn't notice anyone mention the $3 Q until after we went yesterday morning, I had been holding on to my $2 Q for the easter clearance, so I hadn't really looked around. I did go try and find it after hte fact, but when I signed into leap from tag, I didn't notice the Q... but it doesn't really matter at this point, since I already bought it I guess. I did buy one at full price with a Q, that I will be returning though :-)

I know albies can be so frustrating... :-)

kc April 6, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Hi Heather,
I am usually pretty lucky with converting them, although it does streess me out when I have a ton of them to do... in this case, I only had a $3 and $10 RR and since I planned on buying olives and the pens anyway.. I figured I should just dump the $10 RR on a gift card since I am runnign short on time right now. Basically though, you just need to have enought items to cover all MQs/RRs, so in my case I had MQs for the olives and then that left me with 3 pens, and the stickers (4 items) and only 2 RRs to use... I wouldn't have been able to use 5 RR's as that would have exceeded the number of items vs MQ/RRs in my order. Does that make sense? PLus of course you can't go negative, which is why I even grabbed the stickers.. the olives and pens were only going to be $2.50 ish.. + 10 gift card would put me at 12.50-ish.. so I knew I needed a 50 cent-ish filler to keep my subtotal above ZERO.
Does that help? I have been denied once or twice, but most of the time there is no problem at all.

Heather April 6, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Makes perfect sense kc...and thanks for spelling it out!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP