5PM + Friday + Memorial Day Weekend = Insanity at the Grocery Store!

>> May 29, 2010

So I was a little late running errands yesterday, I had a few things on my list and didn't leave until Peter came home from work.
This had me hitting Frys right at 5pm. (Not the best time to go grocery shopping)
On a Friday. (Even worse)
The Friday before Memorial Day. (Disastrous!)

Seriously what was I thinking. The parking situation didn't seem too bad. I found an OK spot. There were shopping carts available in front of the store. Another OK sign. However, as soon as I walked in I should have turned around and walked out.

It appeared that 8-9 check stands were open + self checkout and it was 4 people deep in every line. I don't know how your grocery stores are, but mine are not particularly fast.

I only had BBQ sauce and Powerade on my deal run, so I decided to go for it. I maneuvered my way to the condiment section.... and of course there is NO Sweet Baby Rays left. I decided to cut my losses at that point. (I did double check the front endcaps and display area.. no sweet baby rays there either).
I decided that it wasn't worth my time to stand in the crazy lines for 1/2 of my grocery list. I will just have to return during a less busy time and hope they have restocked.

The trip inside the store wasn't a total loss.. I did find this tearpad coupon!

2 comments:

Arizona Savings May 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Oooh, nice coupon find! What's the expiration date on it? I can't read it. Thanks!

Printable Coupons May 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

I'm waiting until Sunday to do my shopping. I know I will regret it when I'm waiting in line to checkout for an hour!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP