A run of bad luck... RE: Local grocery stores

>> May 27, 2010



This was my shopping trip on Tuesday (before the Frys sale ended).


There was nothing too exciting on my list, other than wanting to replicate my huggies wipes deal but there was not enough in stock. I didn't bother with a rain check, because (1) customer service at my store always has a line and (2) I wasn't sure how the rain check would work with the extra $3 off promo. So I said "forget it"...


Anyway, my orders because surprising simple and quick and it should have been an easy success but what should have been is not always what happens.


So here are my orders
#1
(2) Packs of Chicken Breasts $5.13 each
(4) Kraft Dressings - (2) $0.55 MQs and (2) $0.55 IPs
Total $13.38 OOP
Received $3 CAT for Kraft Dressing


#2
(2) Gallons of Milk $1.88
(4) Kraft Dressings - (3) $0.55 MQs and (1) $0.55 IP
-$3 CAT (from 1st order)
Total $4.33 OOP
Received $3 CAT for Kraft Dressing


So... the cashier suppressed my IPs. When I called her on it... she said Frys doesn't double IPs. I of course pointed out that the coupons didn't say "Do Not Double" but she claimed it didn't matter. "They DON'T double IPs". (She said it very absolutely, sort of Sith like)

I quickly looked around for a coupon policy sign, but of course there was nothing around.. not that it would have mattered. She was insistent. It was clearly a no win situation.

Plus its getting hot, I had milk and fresh chicken breasts... and I needed to get home and get them in the fridge. So I just paid and left. We are talking a total of $1.35 here.


But that is what is so irritating, it is my $1.35. Yes my time is worth more than that, but what about the time it took for me to figure out a deal and pull together my coupons. And then have the cashier arbitrarily shut me down... all for $1.35. UGH

I have since fired off an email to Frys.. of course no response yet. But the situation is so frustrating... They either constantly change their policy or the cashiers are never consistent in applying their policy. Either way its ridiculous.. particularly given their current promo is ALL coupons $1. It doesn't exclude IPs or even "Do Not Double Qs" for that matter...

Anyway... what more is there to be said.

4 comments:

Arizona Savings May 27, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Lame, lame, lame. I'll be waiting to hear what Fry's corporate has to say. I can't stand rogue cashiers making up their own rules!

Ray May 28, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

This makes me upset too, sorry to hear about this.

Becky May 28, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

Grr that is so annoying! I don't understand why some cashiers make it their life mission to make it difficult for people to use coupons. Its a legit coupon, whats the big deal?! At safeway the other day a lady said I couldn't use 3 of the same IP because they heard people were making copies of them and that mine all had the same "numbers" I nicely showed her where the "numbers" were in fact different and she put them through no problem. So annoying, and it was holding up the only line open. Oh well! Hope you hear back from corporate soon!

SC May 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

KC ~ I wrote corp an email Thursday to get clarification on their policy, because one of my readers said she was not allowed to use an IP. They have not emailed me back yet...figures. I'm irritated.......esp when they make up their own policy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP