Wags: Spent the last of my meter RRs....

>> May 13, 2010

I had 60 in RR to spend at Wags within a few days (from the last meter deal)... I wanted to get a good chunk of it converted to a disney gift card. Luckily the disney gift cards are not loaded with a preset value, so I was able to plan a deal that worked out well for me.

Order #1
4 Diet Pepsi $12
$40 Disney Gift Card
2 Nutrigrain bars $2.50 each = $5 total
1 Schick razor $7.99- $5 MQ= $2.99
1 Wags plastic forks $0.50 (filler... because I was $0.01 short of $60...)
-$60 RR
Total $1.18 OOP
Earned $5 RR (schick) & $3 RR (pepsi)

Order #2-#5
1 Shick Razor $7.99- $5 MQ= $2.99
1 Nutrigrain bar $2.50
-$5 Shick RR
Total $0.98 OOP
Earned $5 Schick RR



Summary.. So I spent $60 in RR and $5.10 OOP for all my stuff.... But I still have $8 in RR left + I have a $40 gift card...
So my net cost was $17.10 for
(4) 12 packs of pepsi
6 boxes Nutrigains bars
5 Shick razors
1 pack of plastic forks

Not bad.... :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

How do you convert RR into gift cards? I was always under the impression that they couldn't be used to purchase gift cards but if you can buy gift cards with them I would love to know.

Anonymous,  May 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

Yeah in the fine print of Register Rewards it says you can't use it to purchase gift cards among other things. Luckily you got an uninformed cashier :)

kc May 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I make sure to buy enough items to cover the number of Register rewards I use. And those items happen to be less than the register rewards, so the overage (like we often get on regular MQs) go towards covering the cost of the gift card. So technically I am not applying the register rewards directly to the gift card. It's a loophole around it.. hope that helps. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP