"Bananas" for Bananas!!!

>> June 09, 2010

Hmmm 6 lbs of free nanas? How do I love thee??


Seriously how can you pass up free fresh fruit? Particularly nanas.. a family favorite around here! Fresh fruit deals can be hard to come by with Qs, so I love to take advantage of any that come our way! However there is only so many bananas you can eat before they start to go bad, particularly in this heat!

What can you do with 6lbs of bananas?? (I have 6 lbs because my mom gives me her free nanas too!)


I am not really a banana bread girl, and we already do freeze some overripe nanas for smoothies, but often already have more than we can use stashed in the freezer.

So after this Circle K promo started I went searching online for other banana ideas (because you can not waste fresh fruit) and I came up with frozen banana slices...


Seriously kc did you label this post a recipe?

Why yes I did!

There are a few instructions involved and that makes it a recipe as far as I'm concerned! (So says the girl who cooks very little.)



Frozen banana slices:
I start with ripe, ready to eat bananas (vs. over ripe ones that you freeze for bread and smoothies). Then I sliced them as evenly as possible (how thick is up to you) and spread them out on my big IKEA cutting boards. I let them freeze individually for a few hours before popping them off and filling up some quart size freezer bags.


This helps keep the bananas separated in the bag, rather than freezing together as one big frozen block of nana slices. These frozen bananas are a cold summer treat that can be enjoyed by themselves or with chocolate if you have a sweet tooth like me and want a fun 'a la Disneyland' treat. Just drizzle a little chocolate syrup over them! They are almost like the frozen chocolate bananas on a stick at Disneyland! You could even throw on some chopped nuts if you wanted! These are seriously yummy and I don't feel ANY guilt whatsoever when I indulge in this treat!!


Do you have any other ideas for utilizing all these free nanas?

3 comments:

Amiyrah June 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Yup, I sure do! Since our kiddo can't have regular ice cream, we turn our bananas into banana ice cream. The best part is that the bananas is the only ingredient you need to use! You can add a dollop of peanut butter or chocolate syrup if you want, but you don't really have to. Here are the instructions:
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/stepbystep-instructions-for-oneingredient-ice-cream-097170

Precious June 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

We make banana salad! Put a few leaves of lettuce on a plate. Cut the banana in half lenghtwise and then cut those pieces in half. Lay them on the lettuce. Mix mayonaise and peanut butter ( to taste) and put it over the bananas. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. This is so delicious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP