Sleep...The Final Frontier

>> June 02, 2010

Sleep... The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Mommy. Her continuing mission: to explore strange new concepts (i.e. sleep); seek out new ideas and new opportunities (i.e. how to get more sleep); to boldly go where no mommy has gone before.

To Sleep!

Seriously, I started composing this blog in my head last night at 3 AM as I crawled into bed; after getting the 2nd kid back to sleep.

What can I say? Yes I was a Star Trek brat (thanks dad, i.e. Jean-Luc look-a-like!). Plus I am also a crazy, desperate, sleep deprived (most of the time) Mommy!

The irony about sleep for new mommies, is that newborns sleep a lot; but mommy's don't. They say you are supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps (all day??). I am not sure how often this is actually accomplished.

Why?

I am sure it's one of life's greatest mysteries!


Or in my case that mommy also has a toddler....


6 comments:

Arizona Savings June 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

That jump from 1 kid to 2 is scary to me! You are doing a great job juggling everything. I totally agree with you about not being able to sleep when the newborn sleeps - that is just nonsense. Maybe if you had a housekeeper, nanny, and personal assistant! Keep up the good work girl!

The Crave to $ave! June 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

LOL...I can totally relate! I have a 4 week old who seems to love keeping mommy and daddy awake, especially at night. When someone figures out how the sleep when your baby sleep works out I hope I get the memo because it is certainly not working here. How am I supposed to get anything done?

-- Sleep Deprived in VA

Heather June 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Too cute! I love that pic of E!

I'm impressed that you were able to remember what you composed in your head after all that sleep deprivation! So many times I come up with awesome ideas or intros for posts, at the most random times (i.e in bed or on the drive to work), and then when I go sit to actually type it out I've completely forgotten it all.

James Family June 2, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

I know exactly how u feel.I have 3 kids a 5 month old, 2 year old, and 3 year old, I feel like I havent slept in years.I just try to take it one day at a time and hope one day it gets easier.

Sheryl @ Cents'Able Shoppin! June 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Hey there KC ~ you always make me laugh with your posts. I feel ya! Going from 1 to 2 is hard....I did not sleep for a long time, and I remember being SO exhausted. My hubby, who left for school just a few weeks after Ry was born said "Oh, well easy, just sleep when they sleep." Oh - yea....when they "DONT" Sleep?? They never both sleep at once. It's hard...mommy, housecleaner, nanny, blogger...deal seeker....I can say I went to bed at 1 am, and got up at 5 am today, thinking about "what I will post next..." - lets just hope for both of us that it gets easier with time :)

kc June 3, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Hi Everyone! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I think sleep right now is the biggest difference with 2 kids vs. 1. I am glad you guys liked the blog post, I figured if I could keep my sense of humor at least part of the time I won't go completely nuts.

Although I did come close last night. It was a no nap day for Q (after a shorter sleep night) and daddy was several hours late coming home from work... so I was just about crazy by the time he came home.

:-)

I need a nap today!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP