Yeah for free plates!! A pretty good safeway trip!

>> June 15, 2010

(I have once again misplaced my camera.. or Q has... so this picture was taken with my phone.)

Order #1
3 Chinet Plates $2.o0 each - $1 peelie = $1.00 each
3 Chinet Cups $1.99 each (wyb 3+)- freebie MQ (auto deducts $3)= $1.01 overage each
8 rolaids $1.49 each - $4/2 MQ =$0.51 overage
5 Capri Suns $1.49 each
2 lucerne cream cheese $0.97 each - $1/2 dairy book Q= $0.47 each
- $4 Cat
Total $1.98 on a gift card

Order #2
3 Chinet Plates $2.o0 each - $1 peelie = $1.00 each
3 Chinet Cups $1.99 each (wyb 3+)- freebie MQ (auto deducts $3)= $1.01 overage each
1 Kraft Mayo $2.49- free Q = free
1 Philadelphia minis $1.99- free Q= free
3 Nature Valley Granola Bars $1.99 each - $0.40 MQs= $0.99 each
6 coke 12 packs $2.79 each - (2) $1.50 and (2) $1 MQs= $1.96 each
2 lucerne cream cheese $0.97 each - $1/2 dairy book Q = $0.47 each
18 ct eggs $1.29
2 Motts apple juice $1.49 each
- $15 Cats
Total $5.74 on a gift card


So overall I was pretty happy with my orders. I REALLY wanted plates (Thanks Kim for the Cup Qs), and I was able to score 6 packages for free! I don't use the cups, but the overage on those covered the cost of the plates.. so I am sure I will find someone to give those too. I also wanted cheap cream cheese, I only wish I could have bought more than 2 at a time.

Quinn has been super big on the PB granola bars, so while $0.99 isn't the greatest price, I definitely needed a few more boxes.

I didn't plan on snagging the apple juice, but I needed 2 more items for the buy 8, save $4 promo. I had planned on getting free mac and cheese.. but of course the cheap kind was out of stock. We are out of apple juice and I had planned on paying $1.50 a piece at Wags last week but never made it over there.. so this was a decent deal anyway. I just had planned on a lower total..


Another bummer for me is that I couldn't find my last $5 off $50 Q to use while I was planning this shopping trip. The 2nd order was well over $50 before my coupons, so using that entertainment Q would have saved me another $5. Hopefully I can find the coupon at least. It is good until the end of July, so I still have time to use it.

I do plan on using the kraft mayo and cream cheese towards my $30 rebate (from the facebook promo), I just need to see how much more I need to buy. Plus I bought the capri sun on a separate order, because I have another rebate to finish up that requires capri suns.. I had been holding out for capri sun Qs, but the rebate is due at the end of June, so I was running out of time. I used overage from the rolaids to help pay for those.. I just wish I had more rolaids Qs... unfortunately they were only in phx papers, so I only had a few.

Anyway.. all in a all a decent trip.. The cashier was quite impressed.. along with the customer behind my friend (who checked out behind me)... which is nice, but I am not one to brag a ton about deals in the store as I like to fly under the radar... plus the line was growing by a mile with each minute, so I really just wanted to get out of there without being rude. Does anyone else feel that way??


7 comments:

Heather June 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Hi kc, good trip! I think the facebook rebate has expired already (had to be purchased by 6/13). I wish it hadn't though :(

Bev,  June 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

That was a great shopping trip. I'd love to know more about the diet coke coupons that you used. We drink diet coke far too much around here. It's one of the few things that I buy even when I can't find a good sale.

kc June 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

UGHHH seriously Heather why must your burst my bubble!!! :-) Just kidding, I am such an idiot, I will double check the form... but I am sure you are right. I knew the ending date was soon, but didn't have a firm date in my head. I hate when a rebate gets the best of me!!!

Hi Bev,
The diet coke coupons were a peelie, a frys home mailer (but was a MQ) and some 1.00/1 from recyclebank rewards. We too drink it like it's water around here, so I wish that coupons for it were easier to come by!!

Eve June 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Awesome Runs :)
A quick ? Were you able to use RR's at your SW? I just got shot down at 2 SW's here in Tucson ugghhh..

Thx!

kc June 16, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

I actually didn't attempt a Wags RR... but did use both a frys and albies CAT... didn't even blink. However, I also went to my fave store (thornydale and linda vista) and they are almost always EXTREMELY coupon friendly.

Eve June 16, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Thx!! I was able to use a few RR's at the Golf Links & Wilmont a few times and then the Mgr.. decided he didn't want to honor them nymore. The one on Tanque Verde is skeptical so looks like I'll just try and use them at the commissary. Your right they will take other stores $$ of product catalina Q's with no probs..

Sheryl @ Cents'Able Shoppin! June 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

KC ~ love it! I love the fact that I'm not the "only" one who loses my camera...thanks to my 3 year old who likes to put things in "her special spot"...LMAO :)

Great run!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP